Courses after 12th for Science Students
- 1 Courses after 12th for Science Students
Today, education is very much important to build a good career. Students get confused after 10th in choosing right streams (PCM/ PCB/ PCMB) and after 12th they get confused in opting right courses. Science has been one of the most popular streams of study amongst students. It’s the stream leading up to popular courses after 12th for Science Students including Engineering, Medical and Allied Disciplines.
Science students can also opt for their career in applied science and pure science at graduation and post graduation level. Science courses selection at UG level becomes a major turning point to give direction to one’s career.
Here, are some courses after 12th for Science Students and career counselling guidance for those who want to pursue the career in (PCM/ PCB/ PCMB).
There are many career-oriented courses as well as academic courses to go for
There are three subject combinations:-
|PCM( PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS)|
|PCB( PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY)|
|PCMB (PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS AND BIOLOGY)|
According to these combinations of subjects, one can choose for right career and Courses after 12th for Science Students.
- B.TECH/ BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- B.TECH/ B.SC/ INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- B.SC/ GENETICS
- B.TECH/ BIOMED. ENGG
- B.SC/ BOTANY/ ZOOLOGY
- B.SC/ FORENSIC SCIENCE
- B.SC NANOBIOTICS
- BSC ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- BBA/ HEALTHCARE
- BSC/ BIOCHEMISTRY
- BSC/ AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
- BSC/ VETERINARY SCIENCE
- BTECH/ BIOINFORMATICS
- BTECH/ MARINE BIOLOGY
- BSc/ MICROBIOLOGY
After 12th there are various job opportunities also available for those which are searching for jobs such as
- You can go for the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy by taking NDA(National Defence Academy).
- Commercial Pilot.
- Railway Apprentice by giving ALL INDIA SPECIAL RAILWAY APPRENTICE EXAM BY
Courses after 12th for Science Students
Courses after 12th PCM (Courses, Career, Job Opportunities)
PCM students can appear for JEE MAINS and other state entrance exam such as UPSEE, and institutional entrance test. Whereas, PCB students can go for NEET and CPMT, AIIMS.
- BACHELORS IN TECHNOLOGY (B.TECH):- It is a 4yeras long course. To pursue a BE/ B.Tech degree, aspirants must have completed their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with securing a minimum aggregate of 50% at the HSC level. Their also an option available for the students those who, want to go for the technical field after 10th standard i.e. by opting for diploma (Polytechnic). It is a 3-year course.
In India following types of engineering/ diploma colleges exist:-
- SELF FINANCED
- DEEMED UNIVERSITY
Here, is the list of top or we can evergreen branches in engineering/ diploma which you can choose after 12th:-
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AFTER ENGINEERING
- CHIEF ENGINEER
- ASSISTANT ENGINEER
- BACHELORS IN ARCHITECTURE (B.ARCH):- B.ARCH is a 5 year long course, the basic eligibility to pursue this degree, students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate.
- CHIEF ARCHITECT
- ASSISTANT ARCHITECT
- RESOURCE MANAGER
- PLANNING AND DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
- BACHELORS IN COMPUTER APPLICATION(BCA):- BCA is a 3 years long academic program. A candidate who has cleared 10+2 from any discipline with Maths (in some cases English too might be a requirement), and has obtained a minimum of 45%-55% marks in aggregate can pursue BCA.
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- COMPUTER ENGINEER
- PROJECT MANAGER
- SOFTWARE TESTER
- BACHELORS IN SCIENCE (B.SC):- BSc is a 3years long academic program. To get admission in reputed college one must crack relevant entrance test (STATE-WISE, INSTITUTE WISE). Aspirants need to complete Class XII in Science stream in order to be eligible for BSc course. Duration of a BSc course is typically three years in Indian universities and colleges.
Courses after 12th PCB (Courses, Career, Job Opportunities)
If you ever aspired to be a part of the healthcare industry. Then the medical side is made for you. Entrance exams for different courses of medical NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, CPMT. Some courses of medical students which may benefit your career in future are:-
- MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine or MBBS is a degree in medicine and surgery undertaken at Graduation level to become a certified Doctor. To pursue MBBS, the candidate must have passed Class XII or equivalent exam in PCM/PCMB with at least 60% marks in aggregate
- BDS: BDS is an abbreviation for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. It is a 4years long course+1 year of training. Criteria to get admission in BDS the one must complete 10+2.
- BAMS: Bachelors of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery is a professional degree in Ayurveda. It is awarded after the study of five and half years duration including 1 year internship.
- BHMS: Bachelors of Homeopathic Medicines and Surgery. It is an undergraduate degree course in Homeopathic System.
These courses consist of 4 and 1/2years academic session and 1year internship programme with live practical.
- NURSING: After completing 10+2 in Science with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks would be considered eligible for the course. Students should also be registered as a nurse and midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- PHYSIOTHERAPIST: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) Duration: 4 years 6 months inclusive of 6 months of compulsory internship.
- B.PHARMA: B.Pharma or Bachelor of Pharmacy is a four-year undergraduate degree in the field of Pharmacy. To be eligible for the course, students should pass 10+2 in Science (PCM/B) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Courses after 12th PCMB (Courses, Career, Job Opportunities)
The students which have completed there intermediate with both biology and mathematics have a wide range of choice among courses.
For certain courses, students must also have secured a minimum of 60% individually in Mathematics and Biology/Life Sciences.
Hope you get all the required information regarding Courses after 12th for Science Students (PCM/PCB/PCMB). If you have any question, kindly comment below we will try to help you out.
Also Check: Career Options after 12th for Arts & Commerce